Amber waves of grain

Remember the song, America the Beautiful?
 How many times  have you sung that song?

"Oh beautiful for spacious skies, for amber waves of grain, for purple mountains majesties above the fruited plain...America, America, God shed his grace on thee and crowned thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea"

(Colors have changed as we walk south to warmer climate and lower elevations. )

While walking through the agricultural regions of France I've witnessed how the wind blows across the fields, causing ripples through the entire field of ripening wheat.  I've witnessed the amber waves of grain and felt the wind on my face. I've walked through fruited plains and marveled at the spacious skies. This walk reminds me that it is not just America that is blessed.




Comments